Monday 22 March 2010

The Computer Fair! (Which was at the Roundhouse here at UNSW on March 21)

Yes, that's a Sunday!

I was after an extra gigabyte of ram for my netbook, so I asked one of the vendors there, and he didn't know, so I asked another one and he got me to open it up first, to check what sort of RAM it needed.  After opening it, he noted it only had one slot, and that I would have to buy a 2GB stick of RAM to increase it to 2GB, which didn't bother me.  He asked me to turn my computer on to see if it worked, and it did, with a marginal, but noticeable speed increase.

I gave him the $60, he closed up the computer, gave me a receipt and I went on my way.

Between arriving at the fair, and getting my RAM I saw someone I thought looked familiar, so I went out to check if it was them or not - it was.  She hadn't gone into the fair, for not realising that students get free entry and leaving her student card at home.  And she rather waited for her friend to go and do what he needed to do rather than pay the rather minimal entry fee ... was it $5 or less?

- Ian (the guy in the Mario hat)

p.s. Okay, so this blog is hardly written in chronological order of the events of the day, but ... meh! :P XD
(If you want me to write more coherently, please say so).

No comments:

Post a Comment