Wednesday 12 September 2012

BUTT IN MY EYE.

Very nearly, anyway!

Firstly, it should be known that within the confines of the courtyard in the place that I live, smoking is prohibited, and secondly, that smoking is allowed on balconies.  However, some apartments' balconies, open into the courtyard.

The other night as I walked out I noticed two European girls smoking on said balcony and as I walked under the balcony, minding my own business, what should I see fall merely inches in front of my face but a carelessly discarded cigarette butt.  One that could have, had my timing have been any different, very easily landed on my head, clothes, or, worst case scenario, in my eye.  Luckily it was none of those.

I have since sent a complaint to the UNSW Housing commission, the outcome of which is that the girls have received a 'formal warning' about their actions (or so said the email reply).

Hopefully a 'formal warning' is enough to have them consider their actions, and no longer smoke where they shouldn't (or at the very least, no longer carelessly discard cigarette butts into a place where they know not what damage they could potentially do).

If I catch them doing it again, I will simply complain further until noticeable action has been taken (because I'm like that).

- Ian.


No comments:

Post a Comment